Thursday 19 December 2013

Kissathon 2013

And so it began on Monday - the greatest musical marathon known to mankind!

Well, actually only the 2nd craziest I have ever done. Pretty sure my Lennonthon many years ago was crazier. And don't get me started on the problems involved in ever trying to do an Elvisthon...

Anyways, I managed to form a rather impressive playlist to do this - 545 songs all up!
The album list looks like this:
  • Kiss
  • Hotter Than Hell
  • Dressed to Kill
  • Alive!
  • Destroyer
  • Rock and Roll Over
  • Love Gun
  • Alive II
  • Double Platinum
  • Ace Frehley
  • Gene Simmons
  • Paul Stanley
  • Peter Criss
  • Dynasty
  • Unmasked
  • Out of Control  - Peter Criss
  • Music from "The Elder"
  • Let Me Rock You - Peter Criss
  • Killers
  • Creatures of the Night
  • Creatures of the Night (1985 Remix)
  • Lick It Up
  • Animalize
  • Asylum
  • Frehley's Comet - Ace Frehley
  • Crazy Nights
  • Live+1 - Ace Frehley
  • Second Sighting - Ace Frehley
  • Smashes, Thrashes & Hits
  • Trouble Walkin' - Ace Frehley
  • Hot in the Shade
  • Revenge
  • Alive III
  • Criss (EP) - Peter Criss
  • Cat #1 - Peter Criss
  • Kiss Unplugged
  • Carnival of Souls: The Final Sessions
  • 12 Picks - Ace Frehley
  • Loaded Deck - Ace Frehley
  • Greatest Kiss
  • You Wanted the Best, You Got the Best!!
  • Psycho Circus
  • Psycho Circus - Bonus Disc
  • Alive! The Millennium Concert
  • Live to Win - Paul Stanley
  • One for All - Peter Criss
  • Anomaly - Ace Frehley
  • Sonic Boom
  • Monster
  • Destroyer {Resurrected}
That is a total of 50 albums, though I have kinda cheated a little; where compilation albums like Smashes Thrashes and Hits and You Wanted the Best... just have songs that appear elsewhere, I have only listened to the new tracks. Except Double Platinum and Greatest Kiss. I did listen to those completely. So yeah - I make no sense... and then throw in Ace's solo track from Spacewalk somewhere too...

There was a bunch of stuff I decided to exclude because it was just repetitive. That album they did a few years ago where they re-recorded all their most popular songs using the new lineup - no way in hell was I ever bothering with that. There were a few others involving the new lineup that I just did not see the point in. The less Tommy Thayer, the better.

I've gone in a good chronological order as well, except for one album - that being Destroyer {Resurrected}. Technically, I believe it came out after Monster, but I felt after sitting through 2 albums involving Tommy Thayer meant I had to end it on a happier note. Seriously, Tommy Thayer is no way to end a Kissathon this great.

Tommy Thayer - FUCK OFF

So here we are at Thursday night and how am I doing?
Well, not that great. I had a terrible first day due to annoying meetings (apparently listening to Alive! during business meetings is not the done thing) and now I am playing a bit of catchup before tomorrow. But I should be on track to finish at the end of work tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

As for results, I've been a little surprised by my findings so far.
But you will have to wait a little bit longer for those...

So let's see what I think of the albums, one-by-one...


No comments:

WrestleMania Easter Extravaganza: WrestleMania XXXIX, Night Two

2 April 2023 So-Fi Stadium Inglewood, California - USA Attendance:  67,553 Commentators: Michael Cole & Corey Graves My thoughts before ...